Glossary In Cleanroom Industry
- 12, 03, 2021
In this article, VCR will provide you the terms that are used for the cleanroom industry.
- Air change rate: The number of times the total air volume of a defined space is changed per unit time. It is calculated by dividing the amount of air replaced per hour by the total volume in cubic feet to give air changes per hour.
- Air changes: A method of expressing the amount of air leakage into or out of a building or room in terms of the number of building volumes or room volumes exchanged
- Air-generated aerosol: These are the aerosol that results when the pneumatic force of a high-velocity stream of air breaks up a liquid into droplets.
- Air shower: It is the shower used to remove the dust particles or particulate from the personnel. It is located at the main entrance of the cleanroom
- Air supply: The air which is delivered to the conditioned space and used for ventilation, heating, cooling, humidification, or dehumidification
- Airborne particles: Particles suspended in the air
- Airborne particulate matter: Airborne particulates that are suspended in the atmosphere Particulates are different from particles that may have the connotation of atomic or subatomic matter.
- Airlock: A small chamber with interlocks designed to maintain pressure and prevent the entry of dust particles or contaminants in the
- Ambient condition: Conditions like pressure, temperature, humidity, etc. are considered normal for a given location.
- Clean area: it is the area in which airborne particulate level is maintained up to a permissible limit. Those areas designated and maintained for the purpose of gowning, equipment cleaning, etc. for people or material about to enter the “cleanroom”.
- Cleanroom: A room in which incoming air passes through a filter that is capable of removing 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in diameter and larger. In this room temperature, pressure and humidity are controlled. External sources of particulate contaminants are excluded, and internal sources are controlled to required cleanliness levels.
- Cleanability: The maximum level of cleanliness obtainable for a material by a cleaning process
- Clean-air service: These are the devices used in a localized working area to reduce airborne contamination in the processing areas. This includes clean bench, clean workstation, downflow module, or other equipment designed, a HEPA filter and a blower.
- Clean-air system: Air cleaning system is designed to maintain a defined level of air cleanliness in terms of the number of particles in a given area per unit volume.
- Cleanliness level: It is the maximum allowable level of contaminants based on size, composition, quantity, properties, etc. for a given area or volume.
- High-efficiency particulate (HEPA) filter: It is a type of air filter, usually designed to remove 99.97% of airborne particles measuring 0.3 micrometers or greater in diameter passing through it.
- Mini-environment: A means of providing contamination control through the enclosure of equipment and activities that are used in contamination-sensitive processes. General personnel is separated from areas surrounding the equipment or activity, while the environmental conditions within the enclosure are locally controlled.
The enclosure may provide for access and intermittent usage by operators and maintenance personnel within the enclosure.
- Service area access aisles: That area is used strictly to provide service personnel access to the Process Module Service Area and to provide a path of maintenance supply flow to and from the Process Service Area.
- Unidirectional flow cleanroom: A cleanroom in which the filtered air makes a single pass through the work area in a parallel flow pattern with a minimum of turbulent flow areas. Turbulently ventilated cleanroom: A cleanroom in which the air is supplied by an air conditioning plant through diffusers in the ceilings. These rooms exhibit a random airflow pattern throughout the enclosure.
Vietnam Cleanroom Equipment (VCR) specializes in providing cleanroom equipment for construction contractors. We provide high-quality products with competitive prices and large quantities nationwide. The equipment includes: